Saturday, August 8, 2009

New recipes

Today I tried a new banana bread recipe and made black bean burgers for the first time.

The banana bread...so simple and quite tasty! K had fun helping me and we both agree it turned out rather well. I was so happy to have all the ingredients on hand!

The black bean burgers...very simple to make and pretty filling. I didn't hate them, but I didn't love them either. K thought they were hamburgers. Mike wants to use a little ground beef in them next time to give them a better texture. They are super cheap to make and I had all the ingredients on hand so those are definitely positives! I will most likely try them again and play around with ingredients a bit to change 'em up.

OH, supposedly the monsoon season has ended early and we will be seeing dry weather from now on! (BTW, it has been a super lame monsoon season!) The last two days have been dry and cooler so I'm hoping the weathermen are right b/c it has been great! Still in the triple digits, but much more bearable!!! Only a couple of months until cooler weather and summer can be a distant memory! :)

No comments: