Thursday, August 27, 2009

$95.00

That is how much I saved at the grocery store today! Every few months my favorite grocery store has a Mega-Sale. You get $5 off your total bill for every 10 items you buy that are part of the mega-sale. This is when I do my major stockpiling of cereal and granola bars among other things. I search deal sites and find printable coupons and look through my coupon organizer to match up with items included in the mega-sale. So, I was able to get $20 off my bill and then had a coupon for almost every mega-sale item I bought. (I also bought things not included in the mega-sale.) For example, Cinnamon Toast Crunch was only $1.39 with the mega-sale and then I had a coupon for $1/2. Therefore, I got each box for $.89. So I bought a lot of cereal, granola bars, and yogurt.

THEN, I found a spot near the frozen chicken that said $1...I looked and there Bertolli frozen meals that normally cost over $8.00 on clearance for $1. There were two so I grabbed the ravioli meals and then found a $1 off coupon on my organizer! Yep, TWO meals for $1!! I'm pretty sure that's the best deal I've ever gotten! :)

I'm going to stop at Safeway on my way to get K from preschool and get some more cereal and the new granola clusters b/c with their sale I'll pay about $2.50 for three boxes of cereal and two bags of granola clusters. All three of us eat cereal every morning and Mike loves granola bars to keep at school.

I LOVE GOOD DEALS! :)

Now I need to reorganize my cupboards (thankfully I have TONS of cupboard space) and get all my groceries put away.

No comments: