Saturday, February 13, 2010

3:30

That's what time I woke up this morning! It's now 5:30 and I've accomplished a few things that needed to be done on my computer. I will most likely be up for the morning now, but will hopefully crash after lunch!! I get this kind of insomnia every month...my version of PMS. It's weird, but that's how my body works. At least it's only for a few days--and hey!--I got some things done! :)

Mike has a meeting at church all morning so it's just K and me this morning. Hopefully, he's in a good mood and will let me veg today. (It's seriously rare for K NOT to be in a good mood, but he had a sitter last night and didn't fall asleep as well as he normally does so who knows.) I'd like to work on my menu for next week, make some hearts to decorate K's door for Valentine' Day and finalize what we are going to do tomorrow. We went to church on Thursday night so I'd like to head to Phoenix for the day tomorrow, but we'll see...

Last night Mike and I had a date to attend a Valentine's Dinner at church. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! We had delicious food, great company, tons of laughs and fun being just "Mike and Kara" instead of "Mike, Kara and Kaleb" for one night. :) Unfortunately, date nights are rare for us so I truly appreciated our time together last night. K enjoys having a sitter, but doesn't always do bedtime very well without us. I assume that will change as he gets older and then maybe Date Nights can be a more regular thing!!

Mike's dad is not doing well. He sleeps a lot, talks very little, and drinks a small amount of water each day. He is also in much pain many nights. Mike has tickets to fly up in two weeks, but Dan may be with Jesus before that. Though it saddens us greatly to think of life here on earth without such a fun-loving, caring, funny, God-fearing, generous man we are comforted with the blessing of an eternity in heaven that awaits Dan. The other day Mike made a comment about how cool it was that his dad was going to be hanging out with Moses (and other believers from the Bible) some day soon! That IS so cool and what joy we have knowing that we will be with Dan again some day as well. The blessing of heaven is the only way we can find any comfort in the end of Dan's earthly life.

No comments: