Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Vacation!

We have been enjoying an awesome vacation from school, work, everything! We had a wonderful Christmas here in Tucson with just the 3 of us. It was super, super relaxing! It was really nice to stay in one place and just enjoy each other's company. Mike and I both commented that we can't ever see leaving AZ at Christmas time--it's just so nice here! :)

On the 26th we headed over to Albuquerque to stay with our friends for a few days. Wow was it cold there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, we had a blast playing games, playing wii, talking, eating, visiting Albuquerque hot spots and relaxing! Lots of relaxing!!! Albuquerque is a beautiful city and our friends were wonderful hosts.

Today we went to Old Tucson Studios. Mike's class gave us tickets as part of his Christmas present. Many movies and TV shows have been made in Tucson at the studios. Little House on the Prairie, The Three Amigos and Arizona are the only three I can remember right now. They have all the sets, some rides, some western shows and historic buildings to see. It was a really fun day! I recommend a visit to Old Tucson Studios for sure!

Tonight Mike went to church by himself while I stayed home with K. He needed to go to bed early since he only napped for 15 minutes during the car ride home today. When Mike gets home we'll play some wii games we rented and eat some guacamole I made earlier today. Pretty low key New Year's Eve in this house! :)

I am so thankful for vacations. We get to spend time together as a family and escape "reality" for a bit. Not that our reality is bad, but it's fun to just live in the moment and play games all day long too! :) Reality will slowly come trickling back now as I clean K's room tomorrow (It looks like a toy store exploded in there!) and Mike heads to school to work for a bit. I should probably pay some bills and wash some laundry too. Spring Break isn't that far away, right? :)

I pray that 2009 brings a buyer for our WI house, continued health for my family, a safe move to IL for my parents, and many more additions to God's family of believers!

God's blessing to you in 2009!!!

(I'll try to post pictures from vacation soon--so check back!)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Little House on the Prairie was filmed in AZ?

Sounds like you're having a great vacation.

I hope your house sells soon! Any prospects yet?

Happy new year!